Spring into Spring
Spring into Spring is a walk and wheel event usually celebrated throughout the month of April. In 2021, however, Spring into Spring will be held between April 19 – 30 because of the delayed ‘March Break’.
The spring season is a great time to get active outdoors. Join students across the province as they go to school or explore their neighbourhood by sneakers or wheels, scooters or skateboards, even pogo. It’s the journey outside that matters!
Under normal circumstances, celebrations would include school-wide walking and wheeling encouragement events, but that would not be appropriate as we continue our fight against Covid19. However, we encourage schools to continue to promote walking as a safe, healthy choice for students and families for the journey to school or anywhere in the community.
The activity ideas and resources below can help promote Spring into Spring in your community. Remember to choose the ones that work best with the current provincial/regional Covid19 restrictions.
- Spring into Spring Poster
- Spring into Spring Poster Editable
- Spring into Spring I-Spy Activity K – 3
Spring into Spring I-Spy Activity Gr 4 – 6
- Spring into Spring Activity Ideas
- Spring into Spring Sample Messages
- Social Media Posts: Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 | Photo 4 | Photo 5
- Spring into Spring Colouring Sheet
- Spring into Spring Word Search
- Songs to Walk ‘n’ Roll to
- Trip tracking tool poster