Winter Walk Day
Winter Walk Day is celebrated by schools across the province on the first Wednesday of February each year.
Walking and wheeling to and from school is fun every day so we encourage you to #JourneyOutside throughout the entire month of February.
A great way to celebrate is by holding an event in your school community. But, that would not be appropriate in light of the ongoing challenges presented by the lingering pandemic. However, we encourage schools to continue to promote walking as a safe, healthy choice for students and families for the journey to school. The activity ideas and resources below can help promote Winter Walk Day in your community.
Remember to choose the ones that work best with the current provincial/regional Covid19 restrictions.
- Winter Walk Day Poster
- Winter Walk Day Editable Poster
- Winter Walk Day I-Spy Activity K – 3
- Winter Walk Day I-Spy Activity Gr 4 – 6
- Sticker/Tattoo/Badge design
- Winter Walk Day Activity Ideas
- Winter Walk Day Colouring Sheet
- Songs to Walk ‘n’ Roll to
- Trip tracking tool poster
Share stories about your journey to school during winter by tagging @OntarioAST with hashtags #WinterWalkDay, #JourneyOutside and #WWD2021.