Thanks to a major financial contribution from the Ontario government, Green Communities Canada is now able to provide enhanced support to local initiatives.
- expanded and updated resources, like the revised 2018 School Travel Planning toolkit
- online and in-person training
- coaching and mentoring
- site visits, and gatherings
- peer networking
- program development and enhancement
- and more …
The Ontario Active School Travel Network is being established in January 2019 as a vehicle for supporting active school practitioners. Stay tuned.
This website includes many online resources, available free to anyone who can make use of them:
- School Travel Planning Toolkit, with extensive 2018 updates
- iwalk-iwheel Club, which equips teachers and their students to promote and celebrate active school travel year-round.
- seasonal walk and wheel events we support for Ontario schools and communities
In addition to the support we provide to local initiatives, Green Communities Canada provides direct services, including School Travel Planning facilitation, staff support to initiatives like Toronto’s School Traffic Management program, and participation in research and consulting. Contact us for details.